A family business and
100 years of experience.
Varieties of coffee
Bush belonging to the genus Coffea, part of the family Rubiaceae.
There are more than 75 species, of which only 2 are cultivated in various regions of the world.
These two species are Coffea arabica and Coffea canephora, also known as Robusta.
- Type most commonly cultivated and consumed. A very aromatic variety but also more fragile than Robusta.
- Generally grown at an altitude between 600 and 2100 metres. The type of soil and climatic conditions also influence its taste.
- Quoted on the New York Stock Exchange in the United States through ICE Futures.
- Inferior in taste and stronger. More resistant, as the name suggests, to climatic changes or to illness.
- Grown in equatorial regions on plains up to 600 metres in altitude.
- Quoted on the London Stock Exchange through NYSE Euronext LIFFE.
© 2020 Copyright Walter Matter SA, 1211 Genève 12 - Suisse.
designed by ivimédia
This website is using cookies for statistics, site optimization and retargeting purposes. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.